Sunday, June 20, 2010

How long does it take for hair to grow back after radiation?

My doctor says it is likely it will grow back. I'm 16, and healthy, except for the two brain tumors that were found this past August. In August I had two brain surgeries and a good portion of my hair was shaved off. That is now about an inch and a half long. Now I am going through radiation and I had a thick band of missing hair from my ear across the back of my scalp to my other ear. How long will it take for that to grow back and is there anything that can speed hair growth safely, even if it's just for the hair I didn't lose during radiation?



How long does it take for hair to grow back after radiation?

good luck to you and your recovery, and now for your hait it reallty depends on your health. you can tlk to your doctore about taking vitamins (prenatal) for hair growth, but in your situation you definatly need to consult your doc. you should get about .5 to1 in a month. but some people after radiation have different results. i have one client whose hair has grown back thicker and faster than before. you are an amazing person and your story im sure will bless hundreds



How long does it take for hair to grow back after radiation?

it takes about 5-7months to grow back

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus scan