Sunday, June 20, 2010

How can I approach this boy, even if it means getting over my fear?

I think one of the reasons why I'm so attracted to this shy young man in my German class, is because shy people are so mysterious. I feel like I want to know everything about him. But whenever people talk to him, he never responds He just stares at them blankly. I feel like if I'd talk to him, I would too be rejected. One of my biggest fears. Though sometimes when I talk to other people, I can feel him watching and listening to me. He also held the door open for me a few times.



Problem is, he never talks? He wears some of my favorite band shirts like Nirvana, has pitch black hair and bright blue eyes. He always seems to be drawing or in his own little world. I always seem him isolated and alone. How can I make the first move and approach someone by getting over my fear and not scaring him away?



Thanks you sherlocks!



How can I approach this boy, even if it means getting over my fear?

if he held the door open for you he obviously does like you to some extent. not necessarily like a crush yet, but as a "i like being around this person." I'd say start a conversation about the band on the next tshirt he wears or just ask him about hmwk or a test. he seems a bit introverted, but he might just be scared for no reason. he's not necessarily disturbed. just keep talking to him no matter what, don't hesitate or nothing will happen. just talk to him everyday about whatever you can. make him feel comfortable and he may start to like you back!



How can I approach this boy, even if it means getting over my fear?

well, when he wears a shirt with a band that you like...



just use that as an opening and say...hey I like ---- too.



My favorite song by them is.......



Also, when he hold the door open for you



MAKE SURE TO SMILE AND SAY THANK YOU!!



If he is shy.....you'll have to risk rejection and make the first move or you'll never know.



How can I approach this boy, even if it means getting over my fear?

Most people aren't attracted to people like that. Just start talking to him, comment on what he's drawing are talk to him about nirvana or whatever band shirt he's wearing. If he's really that shy then u have to get him comfortable enough to open up.



How can I approach this boy, even if it means getting over my fear?

Be his friend first. he obviously has had a crappy past. Either that or he thinks everyone else in the class are idiots. Move pass your fears. If u dont try that is worse than trying and getting rejected. Besides he doesnt sound like he would reject u.



How can I approach this boy, even if it means getting over my fear?

i think he is waiting for you gurl obviously he likes you if he is listening to you when you talk and holding the door open for you that has to mean something



just go for it gurl i think he diggs yaa!!!!



How can I approach this boy, even if it means getting over my fear?

you asked this question last night ! haha :b



just talk to him



and if he acts like he doesn't like you just keep talking



he'll like the fact you stick around :]



How can I approach this boy, even if it means getting over my fear?

I think you should ask him about his t-shirt. say something like, "oh i love that band. did you get the t-shirt at a concert? i'd love to see them live." or ask him about the class, "what did the prof. say was due on tue?"



ask him about his drawings, "i love that drawing! are you an art major/minor"



that should get him talking. ask him why he's taking German....most ppl take like French or Spanish, so...



ask him about his major, where he's from, etc. etc.



Ask him to practice outside of class-heck, there aren't many ppl who speak German so you guys need practice either way :)



Good luck!!!



How can I approach this boy, even if it means getting over my fear?

walk by him while drwing and compliment him on his artistic-ness if that a word. ask him about his drawings, it seems like that would be a comfortable subject to talk about. start out with samll talk and work your way up sit near him every day if you can or whenever you see him say hi, or talk about something.



How can I approach this boy, even if it means getting over my fear?

well if you want to get to know him you're going to have to eventually talk to him, there is no way around that



and when you talk to him, have something interesting ready....like Nirvana or something that you know you have in common....



How can I approach this boy, even if it means getting over my fear?

You wanna find out some skill he has or something he can do that no-one else can. Then you wanna invent a way that he can help you. You tell him that you heard he can fix a computer or a bicycle or whatever and would he fix yours. So you've asked him to do something that doesn't involve awkwardess and that will also make it difficult for him to refuse. When he's doing this stuff for you that is when you wanna get to know him.



How can I approach this boy, even if it means getting over my fear?

haha just next time he opens the door for you say thanks, then ask him a question about homework or something which might get him talking. Or if you see him looking at you or listening in just look at him and ask him what do you think?



try and get to know what his hobbies are what he does on the weekend, you can do this by asking him whats the latest film out or where would he recommend on going this friday. that way you can talk to him and he wont feel "scared" lol you will also get to know him a little better and if you still like him tell him a little about yourself and go from there really, chances are he probably has already noticed you and is dying of thinking of a way to get to know you better but doesnt know how to without acting like a fool or drawing attention to himself.



How can I approach this boy, even if it means getting over my fear?

Omygod. My name is Lizzie too and I'm always drawing like that dude in your German class. Unfortunatly I take French so i cannot help you. JUST KIDDING I know EVERYTHING. Prepare to take notes, my friend.



This guy is clearly an introvert as we've already established. He may be a little disturbed underneath... but if you really like him, you need to be the chattiest, most annoying person in the world until you DO eventually get his attention and then you can be yourself. What does he know? SCARE him!!! Go ahead! Make him feel cared for and in time he will no longer be able to ignore you. Good luck.



How can I approach this boy, even if it means getting over my fear?

well you have to come over your fear somehow. I say take a few moments when you are alone and practice talking to a mirror and pretend that you are talking to him(i always do that) i suggest that you also prepare yourself just in case you get rejected because that may happen. if you want to make the 1st move and not scare him away; i think that you should try talking to him about like some of his favorite bands. and make sure that you are the one asking the questions. and then maybe if this works then maybe when you and him get closer then when you feel that the time is right. just go to him an say " can i tell you something" then just tell him how you really feel =)



hope this helps



good luckk =))

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus scan