Sunday, June 20, 2010

Extreme - Cupid's Dead?

Being a fan of good old 1980s and 1990s hair rock, I still listen to bands like Extreme, etc. A friend of mine recently played me an MP3 of their song "Cupid's Dead," from the 3 Sides to Every Story album. But this version had a horn section. My question is, where did this horn remix come from (a single, perhaps?) and who did the arrangement?



Thanks!



Extreme - Cupid's Dead?

Extreme just reunited last summer in Boston for 104.1's summer concert. It was awesome and the guys loved it.



Nuno is busy going between Mass and Japan with his band Dramagods. Last time I saw Gary was when he was showing Cheyenne Kimball the sights of the Boston area. I don't know what Pat and Paul are up to, since I don't know them.



Extreme - Cupid's Dead?

Its on their greatest hits album called "The Best Of Extreme: An Accidental Collocation Of Atoms". But I don't know who arranged it, might have been the same person who did "Get the Funk Out".



BTW, love Extreme, too bad they couldn't get them back together on "Bands Reunited", but at least I got to see them live once.



Extreme - Cupid's Dead?

Well if it's the same group that did "Get The Funk Out" that would be Tower of Power. They have also done the horn lines for Huey Lewis and many other bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus scan