Saturday, November 28, 2009

When styles collide?

I'm 14 in 69 days, and I'm very fond about fashion and what's trendy and new designs and such. I like having a style that I like and that I can accesorize or change to make different. I'm not a duplicate that wears the same in clothes as everyone else. I was talking about an outfit with a friend that scene/emo, and she asked "why are you so obsessed with fashon like i kno everyone wants to look good but you shouldnt try to wear everything thats in style?" I was pretty mad, since I wear what I wear, that makes me feel good, and happy, that is a point to wearing something, right? And, I never inquire her about why she's obsessed with having black hair, dark makeup, band shirts and skinny jeans. Obviously we have very different styles and I think it may affect our friendship, I try not to talk too much about fashion because I know she disagrees with me, even though she doesn't say it. Any tips on how to deal with this problem?



When styles collide?

Don't let it bother you its your fashion and its hers. But she shouldn't have to critizise you if you dress differently than her. Tell her that everybodys different. This won't really affect your friendship at all you are just different. Find something in common. Talk about what you like and let her talk about what you like. But don't ruin a friendship over what you wear if she continues tell you about how she doesn't like your fashion tell her how you feel about that. Hope I helped!:)



When styles collide?

You know what - different strokes for different folks. I'm sure she's just as concerned with fashion/image as you are, but just won't openly admit it. She obviously has to take some time and effort to dye her hair, put on make-up, and pick out which band shirt and skinny jeans she'll wear that day. I really don't see how your different opinions on style should affect your friendship. You guys should be able to see each other for who you are as a person. Your different styles are what make each of you unique and you guys should be supportive of each other. My friends and I don't always agree on fashion things. They wear things I would never wear and I wear things they wouldn't wear, but I respect them and their right to choose how they express themselves. I will even pick out something for their birthday gift that I think they would like because it goes with their sense of style even though I may not like it. You guys have to look at the bigger picture and choose your battles. Did you guys initially become friends because you liked the way eachother dressed or because your personalities meshed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
virus scan